Nature Wanderers in association Jamoon presents to you a Corbett experience which you would not witness in a park safari. Loaded with learnings from expert field professionals.
Are you forever mesmerised with the wilderness of Corbett by traversing in this mystic landscape in the cozy comforts of your safari vehicle? Nature Wanderers and Team Jamoon is all geared up so that you can step out of that vehicle and explore the real essence of these magical woods on foot following the footsteps of Jim Corbett who would have once roamed in the pristine Ramganga valley penning down his soulful angling diaries in the form of ‘The Fish of my Dreams’ (excerpts from Man Eaters of Kumaon).
A hike in pristine Saal forests, a walk alongside the sparkling Ramganga that snakes through a myriad of riverbeds understanding the scripts of the wilderness that walk the pebbled and sandy ramps - this Corbett experience is designed to connect your soul with the hidden secrets of wild Kumaon.
Arrival at Corbett River View Retreat at 7 am. A lavish breakfast with a view of the Kosi river in the backdrop. Post this we head off to Jamoon (a 2-hour drive to the last motorable road followed by a hike down to the camp where you would be walking in scenic Saal woods). Post Lunch, a session of camera trapping and trail analysis post which all participants would be given trail cameras which would be deployed by the participants under expert guidance during a walking safari which will follow the session.
Evening campfire and dinner discussions.Overnight in a fully furnished tent with all amenities .
Early morning wake-up call post which the team would be taking you down to the Ramganga river where video tips would be given for making some breathtaking time lapses. Any bird life and wildlife you encounter would always be an added bonus.
Any participant who owns a DSLR camera trap set up can get themselves trained on DSLR camera trapping post breakfast. The cameras can be deployed at the trails we have been monitoring for nearly 2 years from a big cat, small cat and nocturnal species perspective.
Early morning walking safari during which you will pick up the trail cams and download and analyse the data captured in these cameras. Post breakfast the team would hike out of the forest and board the vehicles to take you back to Ramnagar
Participants will be picked up from Ramnagar from where they will be transferred by 4x4 gypsies to Baseri. From Baseri participants will have to trek down to Jamoon. The trek to Jamoon is around 4km and passes through a pristine sal forest with a view of the shining Ramganga river below in the valley. In terms of difficulty the trek is a moderate trek, good and durable hiking shoes with good grip are strongly recommended. If needed walking sticks will be provided. Porters and mules will be provided for carrying luggage and camera bags during the trek.
The masterclass and one on one review sessions will help you develop an understanding of usage of light, experiments with composition and strike a balance between science and creativity in wildlife photography. The post processing sessions will help you develop your processing skills as a photographer. Regular interactions with the NW photo guide are always helpful in your overall enhancement as a wildlife photographer.
As it will peak in summer, participants must wear light breathable clothes. Dry-fit T-shirts and trekking pants along with a Cap, Sun goggles, and Sun cream (Spf 50) are recommended.
Accommodation in Jamoon is in the form of 5 eco-friendly tents with attached bathrooms. All tents have twin beds.
Inside the camp, there will be no internet connection. Only normal voice calls can be done using a BSNL sim with basic phones like Samsung Guru.
Cancellation for an event will be considered via a written mail to email@example.com. The date of the mail would be considered for the calculation of the cancellation fee.
Price per person : INR 37500 + (5% GST to be Applicable)
30% of the registration fee would be the booking amount. This booking amount is non-refundable The remaining 70% of the registration fee should be paid 120 days prior to the tour date.
50% will be refunded if cancellation is done 90 days prior to the event. (Please note – Refund will be calculated after deducting the Non-refundable 30%) No refund if cancellation is done under 0-89 days.
All prices are excluding taxes. 5% GST would be applicable. Foreign Nationals: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.